Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Teacup Browsing




  • The continuing capitalism debate.  While unfettered, impersonal capitalism does create injustice and economic inequality, do we really want to get rid of the baby with the bathwater? John Dilulio weighs in.
  • The beginning of the end for PCs.
  •  But $2.5 billion for a game?
  • What to do with time on your hands.
  • Assalamu alaikum in Rome.
  • More on married priests.  (And more)  An issue that seems to go beyond custom and church discipline (it is not a matter of dogma) but rather, increasingly a matter of necessity.  In Ireland, the "Eucharistic famine" due the shortage of priests has Irish priests calling for married clergy and the ordaining women.
  • An honest Christian hero at SPU:  “I would encourage that hate be met with love. When I came face to face with the attacker, God gave me the eyes to see that he was not a faceless monster, but a very sad and troubled young man. While I cannot at this time find it within me to forgive his crime, I truly desire that he will find the grace of God and the forgiveness of our community.
  • Episcopal amnesia and ignorance is no defense.  "Anderson went on to ask Carlson whether he knew in 1984, when he was an auxiliary bishop in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, that it was a crime for a priest to engage in sex with a child.  "I’m not sure if I did or didn’t,” Carlson said."  Really?  That explains a lot.

Sign up to get Never Deny via email. ------------------->>>

No comments:

Post a Comment