Saturday, June 14, 2014

Teacup Browsing




  • Apologies.  I really need to attend to my spellcheck/predictor and editing errors.  Sorry.  In the meantime...
  • Sundays with Jimmy (a horrible president but an honorable man).
  • Word of the day used in a sentence:  "I've know a couple of theological zedonks in my day; some would say that I'm one of them."
  • Speaking of ex-presidents, here's wheelchair-bound George senior at 90.
  • WC Dashboard. (See what I'm sayin'? Automatically, big-brother capitalized against my libertarian --not the political kind--and arminian free-will proclivities).   What's next, NSA?
  • Rolheiser (I'm an obvious fan) on prayer.
  •   Pope Francis to soccer fans:  "Sport is not only a form of entertainment, but also a tool to communicate the values ​​that promote the good of the human person and help to build a more peaceful and fraternal coexistence."
  • I've lived in several states and I've found that, for different reasons, Texas, Florida and Louisiana (the states I love most) are the most unique.  Take for example the reparative therapy plank of the Texas Republican Party and governor Rick Perry's take on homosexuality.  I don't usually write or comment on pelvic issues but I've been acquainted with people who have been severely damaged by voodoo science.  
  • I've never lived in Oklahoma where one tea parties has another solution.
  • A view from above (it's all about perspective). 
  • Union seminary students and professors may be walking to work and school in the fall.
  • Quote of the week: "The danger is to choose existence rather than life. Every field, every discipline, every domain where humans work, play, and live, is a canvas for imagination, creativity, and beauty."  - Erwin McManus, author of The Artisan Soul.
  • This reminds me of living in Lubbock ...

  • though I'm Austin-bound in a few weeks...

  • Better with a gun and a kind word that just a kind word alone?












No comments:

Post a Comment